NOTICE: TheDiabetesCouncil.com does not offer this service anymore.
TheDiabetesCouncil.com, through the goodwill and cooperation of our working partners, is pleased to offer 100 Free Essential Diabetes Support Kits per year to patients with diabetes in need of extra supplies due to a lack of insurance coverage or financial means to get these supplies. Diabetes is a complex and costly chronic disease, and if we can help a few folks to get needed supplies that will make it easier for them to manage their condition, we feel like that is a worthwhile endeavor.
Applications are based on need, and will be filled on a first come, first served basis while supplies last. We would like to reach those who are most in need for a kit, so we ask that you apply on the honor system that you are income eligible. You will not be asked to provide proof of income. Please feel free to share this article with anyone who may benefit.
The online application asks you to provide your name, address, email and phone number, and to check the box that you fall within the income guideline listed in the Income Eligibility Chart located at the bottom of the application page. Income eligibility is based on the size of your family. It also asks that you only request 1 Essential Diabetes Support Kit per patient with diabetes in your household, and that you understand that you may or may not get a kit, depending on response and availability.
To fill out the online application to be considered for a kit, click here.
Each Essential Diabetes Support Kit will contain various items for healthy living, and may include:
Type 2 Kit (non-insulin requiring patient):
- ID Wrist Band
- Blood Glucose Meter
- Lancing device
- Testing Strips
- Meal Measure Portion Control Tool
- Portion Plate
- ADA Cookbook
- Telescoping Foot Mirror
- Glucose tablets
- Diabetes for Dummies by Dr. Alan L Rubin
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Calorie King Fat, Calorie and Carbohydrate Counter (Large Print Version)
- Magni-Guide Scale Magnifier and Needle Guide
- Udderly Smooth Udder Cream water-based moisturizing crème
Type 1 and Type 2, Insulin Requiring Patient
The following items will be added to the kit for insulin users:
NO MORE SPOTS LEFT - CHECK AGAIN SOON!!
Income Eligibility Chart
|Household Size||Maximum Income|
|For each additional child add $10,414|
Frequently Asked Questions
- All products contained in the kit will be shipped directly from the retailer (such as Amazon or ADWdiabetes.com) and not from TheDiabetesCouncil.com and may arrive separately*.
- Products may change according to medical health developments**.
- All applications are considered. However due to time constraints please note that if you receive no response within 2 weeks we have had to decline your application and cannot enter into further discussion***.