Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but do you always have time to make yourself a wholesome, nutritious breakfast at home? When a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of homemade coffee just aren’t in the cards, a fast food breakfast is sometimes your only option. The term “fast food” may seem daunting and ultimately unhealthy, but many fast food chains have upped their breakfast game specifically, offering nutritious options that will fuel you for the day ahead.
From Burger King to Starbucks and just about everything in between, healthy breakfast choices are entirely possible, as long as your do your research. Believe it or not, you’re likely to see more nutritious ingredients than you ever expected. Check out our guide to 10 of the healthiest fast food breakfasts you can order so you can fulfill your fast food cravings without breaking your diet.
- 1. Starbucks Oatmeal
- 2. McDonalds Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- 3. Chick-fil-A Egg White Grill
- 4. Panera Steel Cut Oatmeal with Strawberries and Pecans
- 5. Au Bon Pain Egg White, Cheddar, and Avocado Bagel Sandwich
- 6. Dunkin’ Donuts, Ham, Egg, and Cheese Wakeup Wrap
- 7. Starbucks Spinach, Feta, & Café Free Egg White Breakfast Wrap
- 8. Taco Bell Breakfast Soft Taco
- 9. Subway’s Black Forest Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Wrap
- 10. Starbucks Egg White & Red Pepper Sous Vide Egg Bites
1. Starbucks Oatmeal
If you’re an oatmeal lover, the oatmeal from Starbucks will not disappoint. While it comes with a lot of topping options, like dried fruit and brown sugar, it all comes on the side so you can control what goes on top of your oatmeal.
2. McDonalds Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
With 14 grams of protein and only 280 calories, the McDonalds Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich is the perfect grab-and-go healthy breakfast option.
3. Chick-fil-A Egg White Grill
This fast food breakfast sandwich is packed with 25 grams of protein, 7 grams of fat and 300 calories.
4. Panera Steel Cut Oatmeal with Strawberries and Pecans
For a fiber-packed breakfast option, Panera’s steel cut oatmeal is a great choice. It’s high in fiber and doesn’t have artificial preservatives, sweeteners, or coloring agents.
5. Au Bon Pain Egg White, Cheddar, and Avocado Bagel Sandwich
Keep things light and tasty with the Egg White, Cheddar, and Avocado Bagel Sandwich for plenty of energy, protein, and healthy fats to get you through the morning.
6. Dunkin’ Donuts, Ham, Egg, and Cheese Wakeup Wrap
While a bit high in sodium, the Dunkin’ Donuts wakeup wrap is only 190 calories and has 9 grams of protein for a far healthier option than the classic donut.
7. Starbucks Spinach, Feta, & Café Free Egg White Breakfast Wrap
Get a heaping portion of veggies in your breakfast with this wrap from Starbucks, which has 19 grams of protein and 290 calories.
8. Taco Bell Breakfast Soft Taco
Load these breakfast soft tacos up with whatever you want for a protein-packed grab-and-go breakfast, from eggs and cheese to tomatoes and avocado.
9. Subway’s Black Forest Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Wrap
This breakfast wrap has 24 grams of protein and 410 calories, but feel free to add as many additional veggies as you want to make it a well-rounded breakfast.
10. Starbucks Egg White & Red Pepper Sous Vide Egg Bites
To avoid a bready breakfast, these sous vide egg bites from Starbucks are ideal. With only 170 calories in two of them, the 13 grams of protein in this quick breakfast option will help keep you full until lunch.