Whether you have made it your New Year Resolution to start eating healthier or make better snack options for your family, we understand that it can be hard to begin this new journey.
To help kickstart your fantastic goal, we are here to inspire you with this compilation of 101 delicious healthy snack and treat recipes from the most talented cooking networks and foodie blogs on the internet.
In order to make this list easy to navigate, we have classified the recipes into these categories:
- Sweet Healthy Snacks and Treats for Everyone
- Savory Snacks and Treats for Everyone
- Cute and Colorful for the Kids
- Adults Only
Sweet Healthy Snacks and Treats for Everyone
If you are looking for something sweet, these recipes will offer you many delightful treat ideas that are high in nutritional value.
- Fresh apple chips is so much better than store-bought version. This Apple Chips recipe will allow you to quickly whip up a batch for you and your family to snack on.
- Cheesecakes are so good, yet there is always the portion-control problem. For all the cheesecake fans out there, these Cheesecake Cupcakes with Blueberries is the perfect snack for every occasion.
- Instead of cramming massive amount of marshmallow and graham crackers in your S’mores, this S’mores Banana Bites will allow you and your family to enjoy the same taste with much less calories and sugar.
- Apple and caramel go so well together. But instead of simply dipping apples in caramel, this Caramel Apple Cookie recipe will allow you to bring your favorite snack wherever you go.
- If you are craving for a donut, these Donut Apples may be all you need to keep your tummy happy and your body healthy.
- Figs are so naturally sweet and aromatic that they make the ideal ingredient for cookies and desserts. This homemade Figgy Cookies are hands down better than any store-bought versions.
- Deep fried churros can taste great on the first bite but it can lead to serious heartburn afterwards. If you love the taste, check out this Churros Almond These yummy almonds are so much better for your health and satiate you the right way without giving you acid reflux and heartburn during the night.
- Chocolate barks can be quite expensive when you purchase a slab from your favorite candy store. If you have a good source of chocolate, you may want to consider making these Skinny Chocolate Bark.
- Not everyone is a fan for chocolate. I know. For these unique individuals out there, these Baby Blondies brownies are simply to die for.
- If you experience sleepy lulls during afternoon office hours, there are chances that you are low on energy. To boost your brain power and energy level, these Sweet-N-Spicy Nuts will do just the right trick to get you back on track.
- Although yogurt is healthy and taste great, it lacks that fiber that keeps you satiated for longer time. For a better alternative, these Ricotta-Honey Toast with Berries has just the right amount of tartness, sweetness, and creaminess to satisfy both your taste buds and your stomach.
- Sugar, spice, and everything nice is the recipe for awesomeness. This Cinnamon-Caramel Cupcakes is a perfection for both adults and children.
- If salmonella is preventing you from enjoying cookie doughs, this Paleo Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough will be your new favorite snack as it does not contain any eggs and dairy products.
I recommend reading the following articles:
Savory Snacks and Treats for Everyone
Most store-bought savory snacks and treats are loaded with salt and oil. If you are in search of better snacking options, these recipes will allow you to keep enjoying your favorite foods with an improved twist.
- Zucchini tastes bland by itself. But this Zucchini Cheesy Bread recipe will allow you to mask that healthy vegetable as a delicious snack that everyone will love.
- These Oven-Fried Cherry Tomatoes is a definite MUST-TRY! They are guaranteed to become everyone’s favorite. Your kids will keep asking for more.
- Another must-try recipe is the Crispy Green Bean Fries. They will make everyone clear off their green beans without a fuss.
- If you are looking for a quick and easy party snack recipe, this Greek Cucumber Cups are gorgeous to look at and so tasty at the same time.
- Buffalo chicken wings is a favorite for many guy events. However, it is always loaded with salt and fat. This Buffalo Chicken Celery Boats recipe will allow your guy friends to snack in a healthier way without sacrificing taste.
- Instead of pairing nacho chips with salty salsa and guacamole, this Cowboy Caviar will allow you to enjoy these chips in a much healthier way. And you will be surprised how fast this dip will disappear.
- For a chip event, consider making this Zucchini Parmesan Chips You will be amazed how quickly
- Sushi appears to be healthy, but all that rice can pack on the carb intake. If you are looking for another option, this Zucchini Sushi recipe will allow to you create some easy yet beautiful finger foods for your parties.
- If you are looking for another sushi alternative, this California Sushi Bites recipe will allow you to create these delicious finger foods with very little time and effort.
- Broccoli can be an amazing snack. This Bang Bang Broccoli is a great snack that will keep you reaching for more.
- Once you make this Caprese Avocado Toast, you will never want to order another one at the restaurant.
- For last minute party treat ideas, this Greek Salad Skewers just can’t get easier than this.
- We all know someone who is a complete meat lover. For these individuals, there is this paleo-friendly Low Carb Mini Beef Paleo Pizzas to curb their cravings.
For individuals who have certain health issues that require a gluten-free diet, these recipes will allow you to create these amazingly delicious snacks without any gluten in the ingredient. For more recipe ideas, please venture to the vegan section as many of the recipes are also gluten-free as well.
- If your family loves a hot chocolate night every now and then, this Rich and Creamy Hot-Chocolate Mix will allow you to pre-make the chocolate mix and quickly whip up some awesome hot chocolate with milk, almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, or soy milk.
- For a little bit of fancier snack ideas, this Melon Prosciutto Skewers will pair perfectly with wine, cheese, and champagne.
- Instead of using nacho chips, this Bell pepper Nachos will allow you to skip the chips and max out on veggie intake.
- Do you know that sweet potato can replace toast? This Best Sweet Potato Toast will allow you stay full for longer amount of time after breakfast.
- Craving for some pizza but too lazy to make your own dough, this Parmesan Tomato Chips recipe will allow you to create these awesome tomato chips that taste just like a pizza but without any flour and unwanted carbs. How cool is that?
- Craving for a muffin? This Apple-Pumpkin Chunky Muffin is gluten-free and absolutely free of nuts, eggs, soy, milk, and dairy as well.
- For a fun-looking minty treat, this Coconut & Avocado Grasshopper Bar is gluten-free and nut-free. It is perfect for both children and adults.
- For the easiest summer treat, this Paleo Italian Soda with a twist of coconut milk will allow everyone to chill and cool off.
- Protein bars are always loaded with undesirable preservatives. These No Bake Protein Energy Bars will allow you to snack happily without worry. You can also check our top 10 energy bars to try.
- If you are looking for a sweet finger food, these Peanut Butter Apple Nachos are so crunchy delicious that everyone will keep reaching for another.
- Just because you are on a gluten-free diet does not mean you cannot enjoy a donut every again. These Gluten-Free Pumpkin Donuts are also dairy-free and paleo-friendly. That warm softness will make you sing with happiness.
Even when a product has not contain nuts, it may still have some reminiscent from other foods made in the same factory. Instead of distressing about what you and your family are putting in your mouths, these nut-free treat recipes will allow you to go-worry free.
- If you love Nutella but someone in your family is allergic to nuts, this Nut-Free “Nutella” Spread will allow everyone to enjoy this delicious spread without worry.
- Snack bars tend to have a lot of hidden nut ingredients. This Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Snack Bar is completely nut-free and burst-full of blueberry goodness.
- For the morning grab-and-go busy bees, this Gluten Free Honey Oat Cereal Bars and Milk Baked In will allow you to bring one of these convenient breakfast on the road.
- These Gingerbread & Dark Chocolate Drizzle Energy Balls are simply a must-have snack for all families with busy schedules. Nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, they still pack with a lot of nutrients to help you to gain a second wind in the afternoon.
- For a quick blend-and-bake recipe, this Blender Blackberry Quinoa Cakes is full of nutty flavor without having any nuts in the mix.
- Buckeye chocolates tend to have peanuts in them. If you are craving for these, here is a nut-free Buckeye Chocolate recipe that is so insanely good.
- To ensure your children’s cracker snacks are free of nuts, this Sweet Potato Crackers are nut-free, soy-free, gluten-free, corn-free, and dairy-free. They are simply the ideal snack to bring to school.
- If you need to create a last-minute snack, this Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treat will make all the kids go Ga-Ga for more.
- Many thumbprint cookies tend to have a nutty undertone in the flavoring. To keep that flavor without adding any nut ingredients, these paleo Jam-Filled Thumbprint Cookies uses coconut to give that special roasted taste to give these beautiful cookie an extra kick.
- If you are tired of eating chia seeds with yogurt and coconut milk, this Tropical Lemon Cranberry Coconut Chia Bar recipe will be an absolute delight.
Whether you are allergic to dairy products or you wish to cut it out of your diet, we understand that it can be really difficult to find snacks and treats that still taste as awesome as the original versions with dairy in it. Well this problem is about to end. These recipes will allow you enjoy some awesome treats without compromises.
- Pudding usually do not taste right without milk or cream. Not this one. The Chocolate Avocado Pudding has that silky creaminess that make you hum with every bite.
- If you love a great fudge cake, this Healthy Sticky Chocolate Fudge Cake will completely knock your socks off. And guess what, it is dairy-free, gluten-free, and grain-free.
- These creamy Mango Brulee is a must try! And it only takes 10 minutes to make. It can be served as a dessert, a treat, or a summer day salad topping. Go wild with it.
- If you are craving for some whipped cream, you may want to give this Easy Coconut Whipped Cream recipe a try. With that special tropical aroma, you may never want to go back to the plain cream ever again.
- If you are looking for new treat idea that does not involve any dairy products, this Argentinian Sweet Potato Alfajores cookie recipe is an excellent snack for your family and your girlfriends who love vibrant colors.
- Loving that silky mousse? Wait till you try this Healthy Chocolate Mousse. Instead of milk and cream, tofu is the secret ingredient.
- This Chocolate Pots De Crème is so heavenly delightful and contains no cream at all. All the chocolate fans can rejoice over this extremely addictive treat.
- For all the chocolate lovers out there, this non-dairy German Chocolate Cake will hit all the right spots.
- Who wants some extra creamy dairy-free ice cream? This Paleo Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe will allow your family and friends to enjoy ice cream again without needing to pay $10 for a pint of non-dairy ice cream at the store.
- This Paleo Angel Food Cake is so light and dairy-free it will make you wonder why you haven’t discover the greatness of arrowroot flour and coconut sugar until now.
- Panna Cotta usually calls for dairy products. This paleo-friendly Pineapple Coconut Panna Cotta is so incredibly smooth and light that it is the perfect treat for the summer time.
For more information regarding diabetic diets read the following:
Vegetables are simple good for the body. But many people have the misconception that vegetarian food must be bland and tasteless. If you are on search for some appealing recipes to change those stubborn minds, these following ideas will give them a pleasant surprise.
- Vanilla, chocolate, and raspberry. These three simple ingredients can create the most amazing dessert that pleases everyone. If you are looking for a party dessert treat idea, this Vegan Vanilla Pudding with Chocolate-Raspberry Topping will get everyone falling more in love with your cooking.
- For a little bit of savory party treats, this Spicy Tofu Lettuce Wraps will get everyone crowding around the table, laugh, and enjoy your creation.
- Store bought energy bites can cost as much as $10 for four little truffle-size dough balls. These No-Bake Almond-Oat Energy Bites will allow you to keep enjoying these scrumptious treats.
- Tofu can get tiring. These crispy Potato Latkes has just the right amount of crunchiness that will make even the kids love this savory snack.
- If you are in search of a snack that has the potato chip texture, the Crispy Seasoned Vegetable Chips will bring a smile to your face. So crunchy and tasty, yet so healthy!
- Just because you enjoy avocado toast does not mean you need you need to break your bank. This Avocado Chimichurri Bruschetta recipe will allow you create these awesome toast for breakfast or tea time snack.
- If you are craving for some cheese, this Almond Feta Cheese with Herb Oil will rescue you from breaking your new habit and allow you to keep snacking healthily.
- Popcorn is a healthy snack. To turn the boring snack into a fancy treat, this Turmeric-Dusted Popcorn with Parsley Oil will allow your friends and family to enjoy the treat in a completely different way.
- For strict vegetarians, this Oyster Mushroom Ceviche will be a great party snack for those who crave for a savory dish.
- Instead of serving ratatouille as a main dish, this Ratatouille Turnovers recipes will allow everyone to snack healthily and manage their portions easily.
- Muffins do not necessary have to be sweet. These Basil Pesto Muffins is a great savory snack or a fantastic companion with a hot bowl of soup.
Although the vegan diet has plenty of benefits to offer, the strict restriction can make it hard to find snacks that fit your budget and still taste awesome. Instead of agonizing over your grocery bills, here are some great recipes that can help with your New Year resolution:
- These crispy thin Endurance Crackers not only packs in the flavor but also gives you a powerful boost of energy for the day. And guess what? It is gluten-free, sugar-free, oil-free, nut-free, and soy-free.
- And if you are a chocolate fanatic, this Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie will make your day instantly more perfect.
- There are days when we all crave for some chips. But instead of going off the deep end, these Salt & Vinegar Chickpeas will hit you in the right spot. They are also a wonderful office and movie-night snack. If you are not big on salt & vinegar, why not experiment with some curry powder and lime juice or other blends of your favorite spices and herbs.
- These vegan Homemade Wheat Thins are great for any occasion whether it is a party treat with hummus, an after-school treat along with some homemade creamy potato soup, or even a late night snack along with your own chocolate nut butter.
- Strawberries are so beautiful and sweet. These Healthy Strawberry Oat Squares with Homemade Jam will make you keep making more.
- Store-bought almond butter is so insanely expensive! You can kiss that goodbye. This Half the Calories, Double the Fun Almond Butter is here to save the day.
- Hummus is a great way to get in some extra protein. If you eat hummus on a daily basis, this Hummus That Changed Everything should be on your to-do list as top priority. No joke! You will never want to buy store-bought ones ever again.
- Granola can be packed with sugar and oil. If you love granola but hate all the sneaky ingredients, do try out this Lightened Up Summer Granola
- If you are looking for a family-friendly vegan treat, this Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats will make everyone happy.
- For all the morning muffin fans, this Carrot Raisin Spice Muffins will go well with coffee, tea, latte, and hot cocoa.
- Hazelnut gives chocolate an extra level of creaminess. These Paleo no-bake Chocolate Hazelnut Tart cannot be miss!
Cute and Colorful for the Kids
Children can be a really tough crowd to please. Even though your food may taste out-of-the-world awesome and loaded with nutrients, they may steer clear of them simply because they look uninteresting or the color appear bland. Here are some recipes that will make your children a believer of your mad cooking skills:
- Kids love vibrant colors and chocolate. These Rainbow Fruit Skewers with Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries will make them squeal with happiness as they chomp on these healthy fruit pieces.
- If your family loves fries, you will want to try out this Baked Sweet Potato Fries There is also the option of creating fries-lookalike healthy Baked Polenta Fries and Ketchup recipe to try as well.
- For the little guys who tend to wake up late in the mornings, this Banana Oatmeal Snack Cakes recipe will be a great morning treat on the way to school.
- Children and cake can lead to sugar high and disaster. To satiate those little mouths in smaller portions, this Cake Balls recipe is the perfect solution.
- Who can deny cream cheese and cute penguins? This recipe is the product of these two irresistible things. This Cream Cheese Penguins is easy to make and packs on the yummy and cute factor.
- If you want your children to eat more vegetables yet nothing seems to work, this little farming platter of Spring Herb Hummus Vegetable Garden may spike their interest.
- Trying to get your children to eat broccoli? Broccoli Cheesy Bread is here to save the day.
- Kids love frozen treats. These Fro-Yo Fruit Bites will get them cheering and asking for more.
- This Chicken Avocado Roll-Up recipe will allow your children to take in a great balance of protein, fiber, and carbs in these attractive rolls.
- Although lemonade can be great for the summer days, it simply goes away too quickly. If you want your kids to take a little longer time to savor the flavor, this Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles will get them squeal with happiness.
- A little bit of color makes everything better for kids. These Rainbow Rounds turn the classic butter cookies into pure joy.
There are special nights that call for a little bit of alcohol. That does not mean you have to go off the deep end. Here are some alcohol-infused treats that are healthy.
- Instead of gulping down glasses of margarita on a summer night with all your friends, this Margarita Ice Cream will allow everyone to chill down and slowly enjoy that icy alcohol treat.
- If you love cream with you coffee, it is time to give it a change. This Maple Clove Butter Coffee is not just coffee, it is a dessert itself.
- Cherries and coconuts are known to have great antioxidant and healing properties. This Drunken Cherry Coconut Ice Cream will be a delight for all the vegan friends who want to spice up their frozen treat.
- For a cool night, this Vanilla Pear Cardamom Cocktail in front of a nice fire will allow you to chill out with some close friends and a relaxing gathering.
- A little bit of whisky and rum can turn chocolate into a totally different creature. These Vegan Bitter Cardamom Truffles cannot be missed for any chocolate fanatics.
- To give your smoothie bowl an adult punch, this Coffee Chia Smoothie Bowl is the best ever Chia snack for the coffee addicts.
- For a chilly night event, this Slow Cooker Kahlua Mint Hot Chocolate will be a massive hit for the party. Everyone will keep coming back for seconds.
- If you are looking for a tropical drink, this Pina Colada Paleo Smoothie will allow you to enjoy an amazing drink without alcohol. But if you want to give it a twist, simple add a pinch of rum to the mix.
- Instead of gulping down a cup of espresso, savor the taste and aroma a little longer with this paleo-friendly Almond Butter Espresso Bar.
- If you just want a simple pick-me-up snack, these Dirty Chai Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans will do exactly as requested.
We hope that this list has inspired you to look at certain diet and food ingredients in a new light. If you have a personal recipe you wish to share with our other readers, don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section. We look forward to hearing from you.